Pages

Long beans with minced pork

K is a fussy eater. We have been trying to feed him porridge since he turned 6 months, but we were never successful. Our only consolation is he loves soup. We pushed our luck by adding some grains into his soup, but there seems to be a filter somewhere. He will spit them out, even if it's just one grain.

Recently, I tried feeding him long beans. To my delight, he accepted it! He even asked for more. Here's the recipe to share. I have vivid memories of this dish, as my belated grandma used to cook this for me and my aunt.



Ingredients:
garlic
dried shrimps (to soak in hot water before use)
sliced chilli
long beans, to be cut into sections
minced pork

Steps:
1. Heat up some olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and fry till fragant. Then add the dried shrimps and chilli. Continue to stir fry.
3. Then, add the pork.
4. When the pork is almost cooked, add the long beans.
5. Add some water and seasoning (soy sauce, pepper, oyster sauce). Cook till the beans are soft then serve. Enjoy!
0 Responses