Pages

Letter to K @ 16 mo

Hi son,

You turned 16 months today. It sounds cliche, but I cant believe that it has been such a long time. Now when i look at your old photos, I realised how much you have grown.

Ever since you started walking at 11 months, you have been moving all over the place and it has progressed to running and climbing all over the chairs and tables. Your itchy hands are all over the switches and cables as well. That has earned you some spanking from Daddy.

You blabber non-stop now and I can't really make out what you are saying. Sometimes, the girls next door are able to 'translate' your baby language for me. Haha. Your vocabulary is still pretty limited to the following words: no, more, bye, there, papa, mama, yi yi, knife, open, ball, bounce, tap, jump, bear, ye ye, moo ,mum. Daddy said that your progress seems a little slow, but I think it's okie since you can understand our instructions perfectly fine and you are able to recognise the objects and point them out to us when prompted. Don't worry, take your time dear :)

Each night when I return work home from a tired day at work, there's nothing more I wish to see than your smiles and a big cuddle from you. You will run to the door excitedly and hold my hand. Then, we will take a stroll. Sometimes when we bring the ball downstairs, you will be grinning all the way from the lift to the playground. Your laughter is simply infectious and I am thankful that you are a cheerful (and did not inherit any of Daddy's grumpy genes). I  am amused how you can wave and smile to the strangers you see and thankfully, people have stopped asking me whether you are a boy or a girl.

You're the little house keeeper at home. Whenever I spill a drop your cereal, I can't turn a blind eye to it. You will keep pointing to it till I clean it up and only then, will you resume eating. You do this when you are outside too. In school when you see food on the floor after meal time, you will point out to the teacher. There was once in the car when you saw a lorry driver littered on the road, you pointed your finger at him up and down, and said 'Hor Hor'. We all had a good laugh.

You have brought so much joy and laughter into our lives. And you have definitely made the house more lively. Not just ours, but the grandparents and great-grandparents as well. We love you lots. Happy 16 months old!
0 Responses